Thermos is a great human invention that has made preserving food and drinks temperature more long-lasting. Most people connect the word “thermos” with keeping water and drinks hot, but in fact, it is possible to get the best thermos for soup and other meals. This feature of thermos to store food and products is gaining popularity very quickly.
There are special insulated containers to keep food warm. They have a similar structure to customary vacuums but to make food storing more comfortable there is usually one or several bigger containers inside it. It allows putting different dishes separately without mixing them.
Food thermos is a wonderful thing for adults and children who take lunch or soup with to work or school. This it may seem small item can take care of your health providing it with warm and hot nutrition that is digested easier by our stomach. As a result, a food insulated vacuum is a very necessary thing used by people of any age. It is not surprising that such a great item to keep soup and other dishes must be selected carefully to serve its owners for a longer period of time. We have prepared 5 best food containers used at work and home in order you could analyze all the benefits and drawbacks of each one and make the only right choice.
|Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce||10 ounces||Stainless steel||Purple||3.5 x 3.5 x 4.5 inches|
|Thermos Stainless King(Editor’s Choice)||16 ounces||Stainless steel||Midnight blue||3.7 x 3.7 x 5.6 inches|
|Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA||41.6 ounces||Stainless steel||Silver||6 x 10 x 6 in|
|THERMOS FOOGO 10-Ounce||10 ounces||Stainless steel||Charcoal/Teal||8.5 x 6 x 3.5 inches|
|Stanley Classic Insulated||17 and 24 ounces||Stainless steel||Silver and dark green||3.8 x 3.8 x 7.3 inches|
- 1 1. Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce Food Jar – best thermos for hot and cold food
- 2 2. Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon – premium thermos thermal food jar
- 3 3. Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar – a versatile thermos with the best soup container for lunch
- 4 4. THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar – best thermos for keeping soup hot
- 5 5. Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Food Jar – best rated thermos for hot foods
- 6 Buyer’s Guide: how to choose a soup vacuum insulated jar
- 7 General rules how to use food thermos
- 8 A general conclusion the best thermos for soup
1. Thermos Funtainer 10 Ounce Food Jar – best thermos for hot and cold food
This food thermos flask is highly reliable and durable as it was created by THERMOS company, which has developed insulated products for 110 years already. It is created on the basis of THERMOS vacuum insulation technology to retain the temperature either cold or hot within the maximal time period. Made of stainless steel both inside and outside it will serve its owner for many years. Thanks to being a wide mouth vacuum thermos there is no difficulty in filling with soup, serving or cleaning it. With an absolutely cool exterior, it can preserve food and soup hot – 5 hours and cold – 7 hours. The maximum thermos capacity is 10 ounces. The weight of an empty product is 1 ounce.
The thermos consists of a container, a removable lid, and gasket underside it. To lock the thermos you need to twist the lid clockwise.
The thermos is health secure as it is BPA-free. You can wash it both in the washing matching choosing a safe program or use a hand wash that is recommended by the manufacturer.
The product can not be used in the microwave and is not recommended for children.
- 🏆Wide mouth.
- 🏆Thermos insulation technology.
- 🏆Time it keeps food hot and cold: 5 hours hot and 7 hours cold.
2. Thermos Stainless King 16 Ounce Food Jar with Folding Spoon – premium thermos thermal food jar
A food jar from the leading Thermos company is chosen by people who need quality insulated products. Being a performance leader in this sphere it does everything to make each thermos unique and this model is a bright example of this fact. It is one of several flasks in the Stainless King series. Characterized by modern lines and being a blend of the innovative technologies and some features from the past it is one of the insulated warm food containers.The item has a double wall vacuum insulation to guarantee the maximum time of keeping the soup temperature either warm or cold. Made from stainless steel both inside and outside it remains cool to touch even with boiling hot content inside. The thermos does not sweat with super cold food as well. It features a wide mouth so you can easily fill it with any products or soup, serve and clean it quickly. You also get two additional bowls thanks to the double lid and a full-size telescoping stainless steel spoon included.
The thermos weighs 12 ounces with the maximum capacity of 16 ounces or half-liter. It keeps content hot – 9 hours and cold – 14 hours.
The thermos consists of a container, a stopper with a removable gasket and a folded spoon over it, and a lid. Both lid and stopper are opened counterclockwise.
- 🏆Folding spoon,
- 🏆Double lid serving as a bowl.
- 🏆Wide mouth.
- 🏆Thermos insulation technology.
- 🏆Time it keeps food hot and cold: 9 hours hot and 14 hours cold
3. Zojirushi SL-JAE14SA Mr. Bento Stainless Steel Lunch Jar – a versatile thermos with the best soup container for lunch
This compact thermos is chosen by people who like various nutrition. It is a very versatile model as it includes 4 different containers with lids to pack a lunch of several courses. You can combine warm and cold dishes and each of them will keep the temperature required.
Two large bowls, the main bowl with the capacity of 15.2 oz and the soup bowl of 9.5 oz are kept in the insulated part of the thermos that is closed with the insulated lid. Every one of these bowls has a special lid: an insulated and unique lid protected from leaks correspondingly. Two more side bowls of 6.8 and 10.1 oz are located over the insulation lid and preserve room temperature. All the bowls can be heated in the microwave oven and are stored in the washable non-stick coated outer container. This container has a lock and a lid and two important attachments such as forked spoon with cover and holder. It is easy to clean and very durable.
A thermos is made from stainless steel and is of silver color, though you can also order a Lemon Yellow, Apple Red, Gun Metallic one. This vacuum-insulated jar weighs only 2,07 ounces and its total capacity is 41.6 oz. The thermos is characterized by the following retention temperatures: heat retention after 6 hours is 153°F and cold retention after 6 hours is 50°F.
One more interesting accessory included is a convenient carrying bag for transport.
- 🏆4 bowls.
- 🏆Locking lid.
- 🏆Carrying bag.
- 🏆Time it keeps food hot and cold: 6 hours both hot and cold.
4. THERMOS FOOGO Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel 10-Ounce Food Jar – best thermos for keeping soup hot
FOOGO is a line from the renowned THERMOS company selling insulated products. This exclusive line was developed to keep fresh and hot food for kids of six months and older. The thermos is safe and guarantees the freshness of the products contained in it. Now parents can keep soup at the right temperature to feed their kids right. Made from stainless steel and BPA-free materials this thermos is designed on the basis of vacuum insulation technology. A lab test sponsored by Thermos and performed by Cornell University has proven that this technology inhibits the growth of bacteria and allows to preserve the food temperature within a long period of time.The thermos capacity is 10 ounce and it weighs 12 ounces without content. The vacuum insulation technology allows keeping food hot – 5 hours and cold – 7 hours. Made from stainless steel the outer jar container remains cold even with hot food inside and does not sweat if there is anything cold in it. Its ergonomic design includes a lid with a rubber grip that can be opened even by a child. Thanks to a wide opening you will have no troubles with eating soup from, filling or washing it. It can be cleaned in the dishwasher using a safe program.
As the thermos was designed for kids, first of all, both material and performance quality is tested throughout the manufacturing process, and it should correspond with strict quality standards.
- 🏆Wide mouth.
- 🏆Side clips.
- 🏆Thermos insulation technology.
- 🏆Time it keeps food hot and cold: 5 hours hot and 7 hours cold
5. Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Food Jar – best rated thermos for hot foods
Both tough and durable Stanley containers have recommended themselves as reliable vacuum insulated jars for over a century. The company has produced insulated products since 1913 and was founded by the inventor of all-steel vacuum bottle William Stanley Jr.Weighing about 4 ounces the thermos has a double wall 18/8 stainless steel construction and is covered with a rustproof finish so it is not subjected to any changes in the weather and environment.
A thermos is available in 2 sizes with different capacity. A smaller one includes 17 ounces and can hold food both hot and cold – 12 hours. A bigger one of 24 ounces will preserve the initial temperature – 15 hours. Made of BPA-free materials it has a wide mouth that makes it easy to consume soup and clean it. The thermos is closed with a stainless steel lid with the volume of 8 oz that can also function as a bowl. There is a leak-proof stopper under it to prevent the content from spilling.
The biggest advantage of this thermos is a lifetime warranty given by the manufacturer.
- 🏆Wide mouth.
- 🏆Metal lid that serves as a bowl.
- 🏆Lifetime warranty.
- 🏆Time it keeps food hot and cold: 12 hours and 15 hours
Buyer’s Guide: how to choose a soup vacuum insulated jar
People think that the only thing they should pay attention to choosing a thermos is the time it preserves soup hot. Each wishes to get a thermos 24 hours hot and cold, but unfortunately, they are very rare and highly expensive. Most of the insulated soup jars keep content hot or cold within 5-8 hours, however, these figures may differ depending on the size, quality of the material and other constituent parts, number of times you pope it etc. At the same time, there are several more soup thermos features to evaluate before making a final choice.
Think what you are going to fill the thermos with the most often and whether it is enough to have a substantial meal. Moreover, you should think if it is a single dish or several of them so that a thermos had separate soup bowls and containers with other dishes.
Sometimes you are not ready to carry a huge metal bottle with every day, so analyze the product dimensions as they do not always depend on the capacity.
- Presence of bowls
It is not comfortable to take a separate bowl to pour soup or eat it directly from the wide thermos mouth. Many models offer to use a double lid as a soup bowl, while others have separate inner bowls made for this purpose.
Most of the insulated soup jars are made of stainless steel, but the width of this steel plays a significant role too. In addition, many examples have plastic parts, so it is important that they were of high quality too. It would be a plus if a container is covered with some finish that will prevent it from rust or decrease its being slippery.
For some people, it is enough to have a thermos for soup, but others prefer to have everything with. Look if there is a folding spoon or carry bag included.
General rules how to use food thermos
You can buy the best thermos in the world but if you do not follow the requirements to its use and cleaning, the probability that it will lose its excellent qualities is very high. That is why it is important to know the general rules how to care about the insulated product for it to serve you for a longer period of time.
- Before the first use of the product, it is advisable to wash it with warm soapy water and rinse each part thoroughly.
- Any food including soup must be stored in the insulated container no longer than 24 hours.
- When you take the food away from the container, wash all its parts with warm soapy water and rinse well. Many people wonder: how to clean a thermos with baking soda, but in fact, the manufacturers recommend warm water for these purposes. Before you use the jar again, all the parts must dry out.
- Use of abrasive scrubbers and cleaners may lead to spoiling the container finish.
- It is forbidden to use bleach or cleaners with chlorine.
- Hand wash is recommended for all vacuums, though there are models that can be cleaned in the dishwasher with a safe program.
- To avoid food and soup parts traps in such places as lid parts or gaskets, it is advisable to hand wash these parts.
- The highest efficiency of the product can be achieved if you pre-cool or pre-heat it. It can be done by pouring cold or hot water inside it, attach the lid and let it rest for 5-10 minutes. When you empty the water, you can add food contents or soup. It is better to close the lid tough and quickly to avoid convection.
- Never heat a container in the microwave, electric or gas oven or other sources. Only some of the special bowls can be put into the microwave.
- Start consuming soup or other meals only after you test it to avoid burns.
- Leave a little space when you fill the thermos to avoid spills.
- Make periodical checks of the gasket state to guarantee the highest efficacy.
A general conclusion the best thermos for soup
The choice of the best thermos for soup must be very careful as it should not only keep it hot for a maximum time but also be safe and easy to clean. Only such a food jar will make its owner happy when he opens a lid and enjoys a hot soup during the lunch.